Monitoring, managing, reducing, or eradicating unwanted bugs and other pests from places used by people is referred to as pest control. This type of work ishandled by a licensed pest professional, who has a license and permit to use pesticides.
A pest infestation can become severe in a matter of time. Most pests reproduce quickly and before you know it, your house can become their house too. Professional pest control services Ipswich help you get rid of a variety of pests and keep them from invading your home.
Pest control is regulated by the government so that pest control operators, the public, animals, and the environment are protected from the unwanted effects of pesticides.
Pest control includes vermin control and weed control, in both the environment and on horticultural and agricultural land.
Legal Definition of a Pest Control Operator
According to Public Health and Well-being (PHW) Act, a pest control operator (PCO) is a person who carries on or holds themselves out in any way as carrying on the business of controlling, destroying, or repelling pests in horticulture, agriculture, weed control and controlling or eradicating pests to protect an area of residence.
The act further defined that a pest control operator is a person who carries on a business or offers a service for a fee or reward that involves the use of pesticides for controlling, managing, and eradicating all kinds of pests may require a commercial operator license issued by the local authority.
What is a Pesticide?
A pesticide is any substance or mixture of substances intended for preventing, destroying, repelling, or mitigating any pest including plants, rodents, and insects. Though often misunderstood to refer only to insecticides that are used for insect control, the term pesticide also applies to herbicides used for weed control, bactericides used against bacteria, fungicides used against fungi and mould control,rodenticides used for rodent control, and various other substances used to control pests.
Household pesticides can be purchased from supermarkets or hardware stores, and are designed for householders to use around their home or garden. Although you can easily obtain household pesticides, it is important to always remember that pesticides should only be used when necessary and in accordance with the directions on the label. Pesticides are toxic and if used carelessly, they may affect the health of the user, their family, pets, or the environment.
Some household pesticides, like those in spray cans, are fast acting. They can knock down and kill the pest almost instantly. Other pesticides, like termite treatments, can remain in the environment for days, weeks, or even longer after application and could be harmful to your pets –e.g. your cats and dogs. That’s why it’s important to select pesticides that are designed for the pest you wish to treat, follow the label instructions carefully and use the least amount possible.
If you really wanted to make sure that your household remains safe and free from any household pests and the harmful effects of pesticides, let professional pest control services handle your pest problems as pesticides can be harmful to anybody who uses these kinds of chemicals.
What are the common household pests?
Common household pests’ in Australia are ants, bed bugs, cockroaches, fleas, rodents, spiders, and termites to name a few. Reliable pest control services should have the capability to control different types of pests which involves correct species identification and understanding the pest’s life cycle, habitat, and morphology.
- Ants – ants are considered a pest when they infest buildings and surroundings. Pest ants can be controlled with good food hygiene, sprays, dust, and antbaits.
- Bedbugs – bedbugs are a relatively common pest in any household. Bed bugs are a big concern for most parents as they often make their way into children’s beds where they can cause illnesses and allergies. A combination of non-chemical and chemical treatments is typically needed to control bedbugs.
- Cockroaches – several species of cockroaches are common pests in any household. Species identification by professional pest control services will help you decide on select methods of inspection and control.
- European wasps – European wasps are considered a pest in Australia because they are far more aggressive than other kinds of wasps. Pest control services know exactly what type of methods to be used to eradicate this type of pest.
- Fleas – cat flea is the most common flea in Australia. The stage of the flea’s life cycle may determine which pest control method to use. Fleas can cause issues for not only pets but also for those living or working within the infected property. Fleas reproduce and spread rapidly, so be sure to give pest control services a call for fast and effective treatment.
- Rodents – common rodent species that often need pest control include the Norway rat, the roof rat, and the house mouse. Rodents can spread harmful bacteria and cause illness if not treated quickly.
- Spiders – the best spider control method is to keep them from entering the home. If chemicals are used for control they must be suitable for the domestic situation and appropriate for the treatment of spiders.
- Termites–termites need food (wood) and water to stay alive. By removing access to these needs, the risk of termite attacks can be reduced.
- Biting Insects – biting insects like midges and mosquitoes can cause a real problem, especially for youngsters at home. Bites can often result in skin conditions and harmful allergic reactions. Insect bites like of mosquitoes can often carry dangerous diseases like dengue fever or malaria fever just to name a few.
- Flies – an insignificant fly problem can often turn into a serious infestation if left uncontrolled. Reliable pest control services have experienced pest control professionals that can help kill flies and prevent them from returning.
Why let pest control services deal with your pest problems?
When dealing with a pest problem in your home, it is much better to let professional pest control services deal with your pest problems especially if the pest problems are too difficult to manage yourself. Here are some of the reasons why it is better for pest control services to do the job;
- Almost all kinds of pesticides contain harmful chemicals and are potential risks for anyone who does not know how to use them properly. Professional pest control services have the necessary knowledge and experience to handle such risks. Professional and licensed pest control services have trained staff to handle, store and apply these harmful substances safely. If the appropriate precautions are taken to minimize exposure to pesticides, the risk to health is greatly reduced.
- Licensed pest control services ensure all of their work adheres to Australian Standards and can make sure that the pesticides they will use are environmentally friendly.
- Licensed pest control services employpest controllers that are qualified to handle your pest problems
Pest infestation is a big problem for any homeowner, the last thing a homeowner wants to do is waste his time and resources on an option that simply doesn’t work. Instead of going for trial-and-error methods, it is better to let professional pest control services do the work.