Why aged care catering?
Aged care catering provides healthy and highly nutritious food, snacks, and drinks in the proper serving sizes and amounts that are appropriate for the elderly.
As people become older, the food and drinks that make up a proper and healthy diet for seniors may be different compared to foods from when they were younger, and aged care catering Australia ensures that the specific dietary guidelines ideal for older people are strictly followed to maintain good senior health.
Aged care catering: Their importance in providing good elderly nutrition.
As people age their dietary and nutrition needs vary as older people get the more important it is to have a proper and healthy daily diet. With aged care catering the specific nutrition requirements of the elderly are ensured and seniors get exactly the dietary and nutritional needs they require for good health during their older age.
Aged care catering ensures that the healthiest types of foods, drinks, and snacks are provided to the elderly which promotes optimum health and well-being, and reduces the risk of diet-related conditions and chronic diseases common during older age.
The foods served by aged care catering reduce the risks of diet-related chronic diseases like cardiovascular diseases, some cancers, and even mental health issues like anxiety and depression from occurring in the elderly.
The foods, snacks, and drinks provided by aged care catering ensure that the elderly always get all the healthy dietary benefits that strengthen their physical, mental, and emotional well-being.
What foods are served by aged care catering?
The types of foods, snacks, and drinks served by aged care catering are:
- Vegetables, fruits, and whole grains that are high in fiber, lean meats, poultry, fish, eggs, nuts, milk, and yogurt with a greatly reduced fat content that is good for the cardiovascular health of the elderly.
- All naturally grown foods with very low saturated fats.
- Foods that have very low salt content.
- All-natural fruit drinks and vitamin water with very low sugar content.
The food, snacks, and drinks served by aged care catering ensure that the seniors they serve always maintain a healthy body, and good muscle strength, to enjoy their daily light physical activities.
The foods, snacks, and drinks are generally avoided by aged care catering.
Foods, drinks, and snacks that are not served by aged catering are:
- All foods that are high in saturated fats like cakes, pastries, pies, processed meats, commercial burgers, pizzas, all-fried foods, chips and crisps, and other junk foods are avoided by aged care catering.
- Foods that have high sugar content like confectionery, soft drinks and cordials, artificial fruit drinks, and including some energy and sports drinks.
- In general, all foods and drinks that have high sugar, high fat, high salt content, and all high cholesterol diets are avoided on their aged care food menu.
- Drinks that are high in caffeine and alcoholic beverages are generally and even explicitly avoided by aged care catering.
A sample of food and drinks provided by aged care catering.
Here are a few samples of the food menu served by aged care catering.
- Fish with sweet lemon sauce and steamed rice served with roast carrots and broccoli.
- Different vegetable soups.
- All varieties of seasonal fresh fruits.
- Mushroom or asparagus soups.
- All forms of garden salads.
- Vanilla low-fat yogurt with berries.
- Mild lamb curry with steamed rice.
- All-natural fruit juices.
- Vitamin water.
- And more.
Aged care catering: What they provide the elderly.
The healthy and highly nutritious food, snacks, and drinks that are served by aged care catering ensure that seniors have their healthy food and drinks planned well in advance and cooked with all-natural ingredients using healthy eating recipes.
The menus prepared by aged care catering generally avoid all hard nuts, grains, fruits, and vegetables that can be difficult for seniors to chew on. They serve only milled whole grains, soft cooked meats, canned fruits, and vegetables, including low-fat nut pastes and butter.
All the ingredients used by aged care catering are always prepared and stored safely, and are cooked according to the latest food safety guidelines to avoid any food-borne illnesses that can be especially harmful to the elderly.
The high-fiber foods prepared and served by aged care catering ensure that the seniors they serve have good gut health along with less salt and sugars to control blood pressure and other circulatory problems. Aged care catering also ensures that seniors get all the vitamins and minerals for their daily needs.
Aged care catering ensures that all the food, snacks, and drinks they provide to seniors are prepared according to strict dietary guidelines and food safety standards that limit saturated fats, salt, and sugars to ensure the long-term health of older people, and with the nutrients and kilojoules appropriate for their age.
Aged care catering: Providing essential nutrition for good senior health.
Aged care catering ensures that seniors receive only the highest-quality food and the best eating experience that is enjoyable, appetizing, and highly nutritious.
The foods and snacks prepared by aged care catering are planned and cooked for the most optimal levels of nutrition and flavor to benefit the health and well-being of the elderly. Its menus changed regularly with meals varying based on the season. Aged care catering ensures good elderly nutrition and overall health, with every meal planned out by a professional dietician, to ensure that the seniors they serve attain all their nutritional goals and meet their dietary needs.
The team of chefs and support staff at aged care catering are passionate about providing seniors with great, and highly nutritious, food experiences. They understand that a senior’s daily meal and snack times are one of the highlights of their day that they always look forward to.
Various creative ways are used by aged care catering to prepare the food, snacks, and drinks on their menu to ensure that the elderly are always provided with only the most wholesome meals that are properly prepared using only the highest-quality, and freshest, food ingredients every day.
Not only great food, snacks, and drinks are provided daily to seniors by aged care catering, but they also include special meal experiences for seniors like specially prepared meals for wedding anniversaries and birthdays.